This website is privately owned by Vladimir Rusinov, who is the data controller of this website. You can contact me via e-mail email@example.com. I aim to respond to your requests within 30 days.
Your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and I will only use your personal information to respond to any questions you may have and to provide this website. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties for marketing purposes and will not be used by for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Data Collected on This Website
Web server logs and security
This website does not store any additional logs other than ones stored by Netlify.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymised statistics about website visitors and performance.
Google Analytics is set up in 'consent' mode with consent permanently disabled (
ad_storage permanently set to
denied). When 'ad_storage' is 'denied', new cookies will not be set for advertising purposes. Data sent to Google will still include the full page URL, including any ad click information in the URL parameters.
URL Passthrough is enabled. With this setting Google Analytics may pass information through URL parameters across pages in order to improve measurement quality.
This website uses Remark42 comment system. The remark42 is self-hosted by author of this website on Hetzner Cloud in Hetzner Cloud datacenters in Finland. Remark42 collects minimal amount of information necessary to provide comment service: authentication information and comments text, as well as some information necessary for debugging / abuse detection such as IP addresses.
Authentication is provided by 3rd party services. Please consult their privacy policies when choosing to authenticate. Authentication is only required for posting comments, reading comments does not expose your data to any third-party services. Unfortunately the author of this site did not find a way to enable anonymous posting without exposing website to spam and fraudulent posts.
Remark42 is an open-source software, and authors publish following privacy claims:
- Remark42 is trying to be very sensitive to any private or semi-private information.
- Authentication requesting the minimal possible scope from authentication providers. All extra information returned by them dropped immediately and not stored in any form.
- Generally, remark42 keeps user id, username and avatar link only. None of these fields exposed directly - id and name hashed, avatar proxied.
- There is no tracking of any sort.
- Login mechanic uses JWT stored in a cookie (httpOnly, secured). The second cookie (XSRF_TOKEN) is a random id preventing CSRF.
- There is no cross-site login, i.e., user's behaviour can't be analyzed across independent sites running remark42.
- There are no third-party analytic services involved.
- User can request all information remark42 knows about and export to gz file.
- Supported complete cleanup of all information related to user's activity.
- Cookie lifespan can be restricted to session-only.
- All potentially sensitive data stored by remark42 hashed and encrypted.
The website itself does not use any cookies. However:
- Google Analytics stores "_ga" cookie to provide statistics about returning visitors. Owners of the website do not have access to this cookies, and Google Analytics is set up in a way which does not exposes any PII (see above).
- For authenticated visitors comment system (remark42) stores two cookies: one containing login information, and one random (XSRF_TOKEN) to prevent cross-site scripting. Both cookies are required for correct functionality of the comment system. The cookies are limited to "comments.rusinov.ie" subdomain and are not passed to any 3rd parties.
In accordance with European law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have numerous rights in regards to the personal data held about you, including:
- Right to confirmation – you have the right to know if I hold personal data that concerns you
- Right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data this website holds that concerns you
- Right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies within the personal data I hold that concerns you
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from this website
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact me. You can find out more about your rights under the GDPR here.